Monday, April 23, 2012

Spring Into Horror Read-a-Thon Start

It is time to start the Spring Into Horror Read-a-Thon.

t's coming...to shake up your peaceful spring. ;O)  Yup, it's the Spring into Horror Read-a-Thon, April 23 at 12:00am CST to April 29 at 11:59pm CST (adjust times according to your time zone). Now don't let the word 'horror' scare you away from this read-a-thon.  You do have to read at least one scary book during the duration of the read-a-thon.  That book can be horror, paranormal, thriller, mystery, etc. The rest of the read-a-thon, you can read whatever you want.  More horror/scary stuff or just your regular reading repertoire.  As always, this is a week long read-a-thon, but you can join in and read whenever it's convenient for you.  It's all about being laid back and getting some reading done...with a little bit of scary thrown in.

I'm going to try to read only horror this week. I do read a lot of paranormal and most of that is just not scary for me.

So my goal for this week is to read 6 books and I want at least 4 of them to be "real" horror as I don't usually read that.

I have made a list of books that people have listed under horror - it is as usual a long list so I will in no way get through them but it gives me the possibility to choose.

1. Cursed by Jeremy Shipp
2. Horns by Joe Hill
3. The Howling by gary Brandner
4. The Devil's Due by TJ Vargo
5. Indigo by Ophelia Keys
6. Turner by Karl Drinkwater
7. The Sacrifice by Janice Daugharty
8. Ivory by Steve Merrifield
9. Shadow of The Past by Thacher Cleveland
10. In the Midnight of His Heart by Al Bruno III
11. Catharsis by Jonathan Face

HERE will be all the posts for this Read-a-Thon

Right I am ready to start reading. 

3 comments:

  1. I really love Joe Hill, and am amazed by his books (although his 20th Century Ghost is my favorite) and I've got the first volume of his graphic novel Locke & Key on my pile for this week. Sadly Horns is the only book on your list that I've already read so I'm looking forward to your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Jane! So glad you're joining me for another read-a-thon. Lovely list of horror there. I have that Joe Hill book, along with all of his others, but unfortunately have not read them yet. Someday....

    Have a great time reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by to see how you're doing. Hope you're having fun and getting a lot of reading in. =O)

    ReplyDelete