Monday, April 2, 2012

Sowing Secrets by Trisha Ashley

Watch out for temptation in the Garden of Eden! Fran March's life in the idyllic village of St Ceridwen's Well is coming up roses. Almost. If only daughter Rosie - the result of an uncharacteristic one-night stand 18 years ago - wasn't so curious about her real father, and if only husband Mal spent less time on his hobbies, everything would be bliss. But then a face from the past turns Fran's world upside down. The handsome face of TV gardener Gabriel Weston, currently restoring the village's decrepit stately home. And when Fran's ex-boyfriend Tom appears on her doorstep, it seems that all the ghosts of Fran's romantic past are back to haunt her. Can Fran keep Rosie's paternity under wraps? Why is Mal acting so oddly? And will Fran ever learn that every rose has its thorns!? From Amazon.com





Trisha Ashley's books are cosy, predictable, and enjoyable. I have, in a review, seen her books described as chick-lit for the middle-aged. Well, I am middle-aged and yes I enjoyed it. Two things that made it even more cosy for me were 1. most of the book takes place in North Wales and I might just go for a day trip to Wales this summer. 2. Scotland and haggis is mentioned and I have lived a few years in Scotland and actually also like haggis (the one from a supermarket, I am not sure I have ever had the real haggis).

This book qualifies for: 
100 books in a year Reading Challenge 2012, 
Goodreads 2012 Reading Challenge, 
2012 Ebook Challenge, 
Where are you Reading Challenge 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment