Saturday, July 18, 2015

The Moomins and the Great Flood by Tove Jansson

“What sort of thing are you?” asked the little creature.
“I’m a moomintroll,” answered Moomintroll, who had had time to feel brave again. “And this is my mother…”
And so, for the very first time, we meet the young Moomin, Moominmamma and Sniff as they search through forest and flood for long lost Moominpappa, last seen wandering with the Hattifatteners. Along the way, in a series of delightful adventures, they encounter Hemulens, stranded kittens and the blue-haired Tulippa.
From Goodreads.






The very first Moomin story from 1945. I read this story sitting in a camp, looking out over lake Saimaa in Finland. It is a short, cute, adventurous children's story with nice illustrations.
I might have been swayed by my surroundings to give this story more polar Bears than I would have given it had I read it somewhere else.

This book qualifies for:
Goodreads Reading Challenge 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment