The Incredible Challenge Factory Scavenger Hunt Part XV hosted by The Challenge Factory on Goodreads
Another word hunt, this is just a bit bigger but also longer lasting than the others. This is a list of 50 words / phrases that has to be found over 3 months.
Scavenger Hunt XV
Duration: July 1st to September 30th, 2015
•This “Challenge” works in conjunction with the other challenges you may participate in during this time frame.
you are fulfilling the requirements of your other challenges, be on the
lookout for the following items - they may be on the cover or mentioned
in the book. Most items are specific, but if in doubt about an item –
•You may use a book to fulfill multiple items (you do not have to read 50 books for this challenge...do not worry!)
you find one of the items, list the Book Title and Author (or link the
cover), date it, & rate it. Then specify where the item is found
within the book. For audiobooks try to put the chapter if possible. If
not, then at least let us know you got it from an audiobook.
that are used must be read during the period of this challenge, the
challenge does not start until 7/1/15, but you can get your lists
together early. Good Luck & Happy Reading! ☺
1. Talon: Eragon by Christopher Paolini
Loc: 8194 ➨Eragon: 8194
He tried to pull away, but her hand was like an iron talon around his ankle – he could not break her tenacious hold.
2. EMT: Fire And Ice by Dana Stabenow
Loc: 728 ➨ The EMT slammed the doors of the ambulance and paused to give Liam a level, considering stare
3. Eclair: Country Heaven by Ava Miles
Loc: 2750 ➨ Using my grandma's lace-edged napkins, I'd serve what we termed French Eclairs.
4. Mustache: Rasmus - Tales of a Utah Cowboy by Jay Anderson and Beth M. Stephenson
Loc: 147 ➨ Mr. Crocker's handlebar moustache quivered a little as he smiled at me.
5. Pecans: Geoducks Are for Lovers by Daisy Prescott
Loc: 445 ➨ She organizes a tray with spiced pecans.
6. Mimosa: Country Heaven by Ava Miles
Loc: 4635 ➨ Dress it up with a good cup of coffee or mimosa and enjoy its scrumptiousness.
7. Hawk: The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen
Pg: 147 ➨ You watch her like a hawk.
8. Dead Body: First Year by J. P. Howards
Loc: 560 ➨ Lauren had seen one dead body before, but that was at a funeral.
9. Name Tag: The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton
Loc: 414 ➨ And there was no name tag attached to the suitcase, nothing inside that would help either,not as far as he could tell.
10. Curly Hair: The Pack in Illinois by Zoey Glasgow
Loc: 4131 ➨ Crawling out of bed, I pulled my thick curly hair onto the top of my head.
11. Kleenex/facial tissue: Iced Under by Nadine Doolittle
Loc: 1256 ➨ And kleenex, cough medicine, hand cream, socks, dish soap, laundry detergent, aspirin, moisturizer, mascara, paper towels, aluminum foil.
12. Top Floor: Touch of the Goddess by Maria Hammarblad
Loc: 1880 ➨ It finally came to a halt at the very top floor, and even the doors seemed to hush as they slid open.
13. Post Office: The Wild by Christopher Golden
Pg: 12 ➨ Jack glanced at the signs: YUKON TRADING POST, U.S. POST OFFICE, COUGHLIN-LANDRY HARDWARE, DUTCHER BILL'S SALOON.
14. Volcano: The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson
Loc: 9195 ➨What did he do about a dying sky, ash so thick he could barely move through it, and erupting volcanoes.
15. Poet: The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski
Loc: 3069 ➨ He really is a famous poet, Nenneke.
16. Military Maneuver or Tactic: Scent of Magic by Maria V. Snyder
Loc: 135 ➨ Ryne's keeping them busy with his genius military tactics that will stop Tohan.
17. A Liar: Witch Me Luck by Amanda M. Lee
Loc: 3304 ➨ She called me a liar, Thistle said.
18. A Puppy: The Return of Gabe McLeod by Joanne Hill
Loc: 3043 ➨ Why have you got a puppy?
19. Throwing Weapon (ie: knife, stars, etc): Taste of Darkness by Maria V. Snyder
Loc: 3356 ➨ Loren reached under his robe and pulled out a set of my throwing knives bundled together. Thought you might want these. He tossed it.
20. Lemon Flavored Pastry: The Mad Ship by Robin Hobb
Loc: 7338 ➨ And your cook would make those tiny lemon Pastries.
21. Muffins: Born in Shame by Nora Roberts
Pg: 156 ➨ And if she'd had dreams, she thought as she picked at her late breakfast of coffee and muffins, it was hardly a surprise. (chapter 11)
22. Ice Cream Therapy: Divorced, Desperate and Delicious by Christie Craig
Loc: 3383 ➨ I ate a whole gallon of chocolate mint ice cream at Kathy's last night, And then Sue brought over pizza with pineapple for breakfast. Her mom set the tray down on her bedside table and edged down on the corner of the bed. Oh, sweetie. Is there anything I can do to make you feel better.
23. Skyscraper: Treasure on Moon Lake by Amy Gamet
Loc: 1218 ➨ He was going to miss this place, more majestic than any skyscraper.
24. Tissue Paper: Born in Ice by Nora Roberts
Pg: 75 ➨ She loosened the tape, turned back the lid, and dug into the tissue paper.
25. Raspberry: The Adventures of Augustus Fuller by James Rickon
Loc: 1645 ➨ Mason let out a loud raspberry and rolled his eyes.
26. Lasagna: A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
Loc: 310 ➨Cooking frozen lasagne had tired his mum out so badly she fell asleep five minutes into EastEnders.
27. Marshmallow: Into the Deep End by Leesa Freeman
Loc: 548 ➨ I happen to be an excellent marshmallow toaster.
28. Earthquake: Elantris by Brandon Sanderson
Loc: 11770 ➨ What if the earthquake came just before the Reod?
29. Puppet: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
Loc: 3185 ➨ His puppet, Thicknesse, is taking care of everyday business, leaving Voldemort free to extend his power beyond the Ministry.
30. Popsicle: The Iron Traitor by Julie Kagawa
Pg: 288 ➨ Not until Popsicle Boy thaws out a little.
31. Mailman: The Young Pitcher by Zane Grey
Loc: 1294 ➨ In the mornings when the mail-man came there was always a wild scramble for letters.
32. Fortune Cookie: The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa
Pg: 57 ➨ A note scribbled on a fortune cookie, I'll try anything.
33. Mud: Khronos by Chris Paton
Loc: 1102 ➨ She stared at the grubby boots trailing river mud over the thick fibres of the red carpet.
34. Golf Club: A Cottage by the Sea by Carole Matthews
Loc: 445 ➨ They wouldn't have liked to explain that down at the golf club.
35. Bus: The Grimm Legacy by Polly Shulman
Loc: 3935 ➨ Whenever I let my my drift, I found it pulling me west - following Aaron as he rode the bus across the park.
36. Wallet: The St. Valentine's Day Cookie Massacre by Elisabeth Crabtree
Pg: 1592 ➨ The killer must have taken it out of his wallet when he or she killed him.
37. Sand Castle: A Cottage by the Sea by Carole Matthews
Loc: 4657 ➨ At the water's edge, a sandcastle is slowly but surely being consumed by the sea, signalling that a family has been here today, but are now long gone.
38. Margarita: Fire at Twilight by Lila Ashe
Loc:1533 ➨ Margarita, the head nurse poked her head in.
39. Lemonade: Down and Out in Beverly Heels by Kathryn Leigh Scott
Loc: 4740 ➨ Donna, ever the sophisticate when it comes to these matters, insisted some self-promoting lemonade could be squeezed out of what I considered to be very foul, past-their-sell-date lemons.
40. Wallpaper: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Loc: 783 ➨ The Victorian-looking wallpaper was faded with age, burgundy and pale gray.
1. An Assassination: The Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson
Loc: 3378 ➨ I've already survived a kidnapping and an assassination attempt.
2. Someone Moves: The Diving Pool: Three Novellas by Yoko Ogawa
Pg: 112 ➨ I am coming to college in Tokyo in April.
Pg: 119 ➨ The next day my cousin arrived (the move to college)
3. Bad Hair Day: The Cornish Affair by Laura Lockington
Loc: 1265 ➨ My copper coloured shoulder length hair looked like a national health wig, that someone had held under a tap, given a good backcombing with a nail brush and plonked back on top of my head.
4. Rescue Animal: Evidence of Trust by Stacey Joy Netzel
Loc: 627 ➨ Mark was tough and gruff, but he had a heart of gold soft enough to rescue a horse no one else wanted.
5. Someone Bored: Down and Out in Beverly Heels by Kathryn Leigh Scott
Loc: 3332 ➨ Shelby Stuart delivered a rousing summation in my defense that would have swayed any jury other than ours, a panel of bored extras holed up on stage 9 checking cell phones.
6. A character who is friendly with their neighbor: Born in Ice by Nora Roberts
Pg: 312 ➨ It's nice of you to take time from your own work to help her with this. That's comhair, said Murphy easily. Community. That's how we live here. Nobody has to get by alone if there's family and neighbors.
7. A stupid question is asked: Fearless by Cornelia Funke
Loc: 1097 ➨ How had it come to the other world? Stupid question, Jacob. How did the Djinn get there?
8. Comic Book/Graphic Novel: Witchy Tales: A Wicked Witches of the Midwest Fairy Tale by Amanda M. Lee
Loc: 2745 ➨ She probably put them in that new The Walking Dead Graphic novel colletion she bought last week, Clove said.
9. Thumbs Up: Deep in My Heart by Patricia W. Fischer
Loc: 1419 ➨ Giving the thumbs up, Reverend Schultz continued on the lawn.
10. Someone Faints
The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton
Loc: 7467 ➨ Adeline had fainted. At least she presumed that must be what happened, for her next memory was of waking in her bed, a heavy weight on her chest.