Saturday, October 3, 2015

FrightFall Read-a-Thon 2015 - Sign up

FrightFall Read-a-Thon 2015 hosted by Michelle @ The True Book Addict.

I will of course take part in this again as I have done the last 3 years. My goal this year will be to read 4 books during the week and I will read at least one scary book. The one on my list to read right now is I'll Be Watching You by Charles de Lint and if I get it from the library in time I will also read  We have always lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson.

Fall is here (almost) and you know what that means! FrightFall is just around the corner. It's only two weeks away! Official dates are October 5 - 11. I hope you're ready to get your scary on! Guidelines for the read-a-thon can be found HERE or you can access in the tab at the top of the blog. Any information you need about the read-a-thon can be found there. Please do be sure to check the guidelines to make sure you're following along correctly. There are specific rules regarding signing up and wrapping up, especially in regards to the giveaway. Also, regarding the giveaway, I'm adding something new to facilitate my contacting of the winners each time. I will add a Google form to capture names and email addresses so if you're interested in winning a prize (and you've met the sign up and wrap up criteria), I will ask you to fill in that form.
Just remember...the one main "rule" of FrightFall is that you must read ONE scary book (which can be a thriller, mystery, Gothic novel, or similar for those who are faint of heart). 
Our Twitter hashtag is #FrightFall. AND I have big news! We now have a Facebook group! So, I'm thinking we will do away with Twitter chats and just interact periodically on Twitter and Facebook. I thought the group was a good idea for interaction, news and events announcement, plus anyone who doesn't have a blog can post their updates in the group. The new Facebook group is here.

2 comments:

  1. Have a frightfally good time!
    Please visit during the week and see which books I am sharing.
    http://dogsmomvisits.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the reading is going well. Sorry I'm so late stopping by. I'm behind, as usual. I'm thinking of getting a couple of volunteers next time to help me as cheerleader. If I could split it up three ways, I could visit earlier in the week.

    Anyway, that's neither here nor there. I hope you're fast on your way to meeting your goal. Enjoy the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete