Scavenger Hunt > December hosted by A Million More Pages on Goodreads.
Another challenge that gives me points for the Hogwarts challenge. though this is not an actual Hogwarts challenge.
Each month we will post a list of 20 items to be found while reading. The
rules remain the same, but the lists will change each month. Go the
monthly threads to add your name and results.
1. Must read more than 3 books.
2. Any genre except Children's Lit. YA should be over 140pps. All others should be over 125 pps.
3. Items found in reading, not in title or on cover.
4. No more than 5 items per book.
5. In your post, list TITLE, PAGE #, and SENTENCE where the item can be found.
6. For non-fiction the caption texts are not allowed, however, anything within the main text or article would be allowed.
7. No audiobooks are allowed.
8. For e-readers, use LOC#.
9. Words not found will ROLLOVER to the next month.
+.05: Each book read (finishers & non-finishers)
+1: Participation (only for non-finishers)
+5: Completion (only for finishers)
*Part. & Comp. CANNOT be claimed together
Reckless by Cornelia Funke
1. GLOVES/MITTENS (loc 2901) The King pulled his GLOVES over his claws.
5. SNOW (loc 1755) On an evening that already carried the scent
of SNOW, they finally reached the river beyond which the royal fortress
11. FUR (loc 662) It fell down her back so long and thick that it looked almost as though she were still wearing her FUR.
16. TOY (loc 1260) A game with the TOY her dream had shown her.
20. ROOF (loc 499) When Jacob had come here some years earlier
with Chanute, the red ROOF tiles had shone through the undergrowth so
Promise by Kristie Cook
6. SOUP (loc 3175) Instead, he made me homemade SOUP and we watched my favorite movies.
13. GIFT (loc 2968) I think I have the perfect GIFT, but I want to know what you want,
14. ANGEL (loc 3351) And it has wings - they're supposed to be like ANGEL wings.
15. DEER (loc 2022) I stared wide-eyed like a DEER caught in headlights.
18. BIRTH (loc 3749) Your conception and BIRTH seemed like miracles to us.
Elfhunter by C.S. Marks
8. CHESTNUT (loc 4404) three horses; a bay, a CHESTNUT, and a black.
10. RED CLOTHING (loc 1544) that now fastened her dark RED CLOAK at her shoulder.
The Little Christmas Kitchen by Jenny Oliver
2. SCARF (loc 79) and an aztec print SCARF.
4. COOKIE (loc 1904) the melt-in-your-mouth little COOKIES,
7. CHIMNEY (loc 2483) and the CHIMNEY hadn't been swept.
12. BALLET (loc 4013) inappropriate BALLET pumps that...
19. CAMEL (loc 42834) Her CAMEL coat was draped casually over
Toby Streams the Universe by Maya Lassiter
9. POPCORN (loc 5461) and POPCORN. A favorite snack among the nurses.
17. BELL (loc 5328) and he thought the BELL, when it chimed, might be different,