I have completed this challenge and paired it with the 2014 Monthly Key Word Challenge. As with the Key Word challenge I have enjoyed it but I will not take part in 2015 if it is offered as I want to cut a wee bit down on my challenges and would rather try something new.
List of books after the challenge rules.
~ JANUARY 1, 2014 - DECEMBER 31, 2014 ~
Welcome to the 2014 Monthly Motif Reading Challenge! For this challenge, each month is assigned a certain motif or theme. Your task is to read one book per month that fits in with the motif for that particular month.
(Please read the linky instructions carefully.)
* If you plan on participating, please sign up on the linky with your blog name & "sign up" (example: Bookmark to Blog Sign Up)
Choose a book to read that takes place in a country different than the one you live in or choose a book written by an author that is from a country different than your own.
Read a book that has won recognition or a literary award. Here's a list of literary awards to help you get started on your search: Literary Awards.
Read a fairy tale retelling or a book with fey/fairies in it.
Read a collection of short stories or anthologies.
Read a murder/mystery book, a book in which someone dies of mysterious causes, or a book in which a mystery must be solved.
Read a book in which the character(s) take a trip, go on a quest, or find themselves on a journey toward something, etc.
Read a book in which the main character is one of these things or fights against one of these things.
Read a book that's set in the future, on another planet, in another dimension, or in an unknown world. A Dystopian book will count this month as well.
Read a book that has a movie based off of it. For an extra challenge, see the movie as well.
There's been a lot of zombies lately, but this year include a 'witchy' book in your scary reads- a book about a witch or a book that has witches in it.
Pick a book published before 2000 that you've always wanted to read, but just never got to. Or pick a book set in the past (before 2000).
Finish a series you've been meaning to finish or read the next book in a series you started but never finished.
Have fun!!! (For an extra challenge, try pairing this with the Monthly Key Word Reading Challenge.)
- Deep Blue Secret by Christie Anderson (set in USA, I live in Denmark) paired with Key word
- Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness (Award Winner) paired with Key word
- Forever Fae by L.P. Dover (about Fey) paired with Key word
- Alien Stars by C.J. Cherryh, Joe Haldeman, Timothy Zahn (anthology) paired with Key word
- Death on the Aegean Queen By Maria Hudgins (mystery) paired with Key word
- A Place Beyond The Map by Samuel Thews (Journey) paired with Key word
- Prince of Thorns by Mark Lawrence (Rebels) paired with Key word
- Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro () paired with Key word
- Who Censored Roger Rabbit? by Gary K. Wolf (Book to movie) paired with Key word
- True of Blood by Bonnie Lamer (witchy book) paired with Key word
- The House At Riverton by Kate Morton (set before 2000) paired with Key word
- Sun Kissed by Skyla Madi (the next book in a series started but never finished) paired with Key word