- This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2014 – Dec 31, 2014. I will be posting a place to link up a sign-up post (below), reviews and a wrap-up post. (Note: You do not have to review the books to participate, but only those who link up reviews will be entered for the prize)
- Grab the reading challenge button (code & button below) and post this reading challenge on your blog to track your progress. Please include a link back to this sign-up post so others can join the reading challenge too. You do not have to be a book blogger to participate- you could track your progress and post reviews on Goodreads, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords, etc.
- Any full length book that includes a witch as a main character or includes major witchcraft elements counts. They may be fiction or non-fiction. However, they should not be reference books which are not read cover to cover-I will leave this to your discretion.
- Books can be any format (bound, eBook, audio).
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap-up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.
- When you sign up in the linky put the direct link to your post about joining the 2014 Witches & Witchcraft Reading Challenge, not just a link to your blog.
- You can move up levels, but no moving down.
- Sign-ups will be open until Dec 15, 2014, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.
- Have some Witchy Good Fun !!!
Initiate: Read 1 – 5 Witchy Books
Maiden: Read 6 – 10 Witchy Books
Mother: Read 11 – 15 Witchy Books
Crone: Read 16 – 20 Witchy Books
Witchy book of choice up to $10 from The Book Depository!
Participants who have officially signed up by linking up a sign-up post declaring their level will be given one entry for every review they link up. The more reviews you write and link up, the more entries in the contest! Link up your reviews on that month’s Review Link Up Post. Winner will be chosen on Jan 11th 2015 to give everyone a chance to link up their end of year reviews. All Challenge Posts can be accessed from my menu bar under my header!
I have taken part in this challenge both in 2012 and 2013 and as it is one of my favourite reading challenges. I am of course taking part again. I will go straight to the level of Crone: Read 16 – 20 Witchy Books as I know I read more than that in a year.
Thank you Melissa for hosting again, I have been keeping an eye on your blog to see when this sign up post came.
List of books:
- An Unlikely Witch by Debora Geary
- Saltwater Witch by Chris Howard
- The Good, the Bad, and the Undead by Kim Harrison
- Every Which Way But Dead by Kim Harrison
- A Fistful of Charms by Kim Harrison
- Moon Over Soho by Ben Aaronovitch
- Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness
- WitchHunt by Emma Mills
- For a Few Demons More by Kim Harrison
- The Outlaw Demon Wails by Kim Harrison
- Whispers Under Ground by Ben Aaronovitch
- Clean Sweep by Ilona Andrews
- Broken Homes by Ben Aaronovitch
- White Witch, Black Curse by Kim Harrison
- Baehrly Breathing by Elizabeth A. Reeves
- Baehrly Bitten by Elizabeth A. Reeves
- Baehrly Alive by Elizabeth A. Reeves
- How (Not) to Kiss a Were Bear by Elizabeth A. Reeves
- Black Magic Sanction by Kim Harrison
- Pale Demon by Kim Harrison
- Pieces of Eight by Melissa Wright
- A Perfect Blood by Kim Harrison