I've decided to run the Quick Fix Challenge again for 2014!
So about the challenge?
I find that many times when a reading challenge has to do with a book's size it usually about reading bigger books. Sometimes, because I'm in between books, life is getting out of hand, or things are just getting in the way, there's just not enough time to read a big book. Who says bigger is better anyway? Sometimes things break and all you need is a little tape and it'll hold. So this is the "Quick fix Challenge" whether it's a love for smaller books, or just trying to squeeze in a quick read, or maybe times running out and you need to read in some more books quickly. This is a challenge about reading books with less than 300 pages.
- The challenge runs from January 1, 2014 to December 31, 2014.
- Sign ups will be open until mid December.
- You don't have to be a blogger to participate. However, leave a comment and tell me what level you're aiming for.
- For bloggers, post up a challenge sign up post saying what level you've signed up for. Be sure to sign-up with your sign-up post in the linky.
- You don't have to review the books you read however if you do, you will be able to post your links to your reviews (the post will be up on New Years day).
- Books have to have less than 300 pages to count.
- Books such as MG/YA, graphic novels/manga, audio, rereads, anthologies and short stories, can count toward your goal.
- Feel free to crossover the books you read for this challenge with other challenges.
(If you have any questions feel free to ask, I feel like I might be missing something here.)
Now the Levels/It will hold with:
String: 5 books
Paperclips: 15 books
Duck tape: 25 books
Gorilla glue: 30+ books
In 2013 I read over 100 books that are shorter than 300 pages so I see no problem in going for the highest level.
My goal will be Gorilla glue: 30+ books.
List of books:
- An Unlikely Witch by Debora Geary (243 pages)
- A little Christmas Magic by Sylvie Kurtz (256 pages)
- Brazen by Kelley Armstrong (216 pages)
- Whitstable by Stephen Volk (140 pages)
- Himmelbegravelsen (Sky Burial) by Xinran (173 pages)
- John Macnab by John Buchan (165 pages)
- Aurora Sky by Nikki Jefford (242 pages)
- Unexpected Gifts by Elena Aitken (136 pages)
- Magic Graves by Jeaniene Frost, Ilona Andrews (144 pages)
- Magic Dreams by Ilona Andrews (86 pages)
- Magic Gifts by Ilona Andrews (100 pages)
- Curran POV Collection by Gordon Andrews (157 pages)
- The Highlander's Hope by Cali MacKay (200 pages)
- Honeymoon For One by Chris Keniston (180 pages)
- Becoming by Kelley Armstrong (28 pages)
- What Stays in Vegas by Beth Labonte (194 pages)
- Night of the Purple Moon by Scott Cramer (188 pages)
- Speechless by Hannah Harrington (288 pages)
- The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion (298 pages)
- How To Train Your Dragon: How To Train Your Dragon by Cressida Cowell (240/124 pages)
- WitchHunt by Emma Mills (254pages)
- Hell of a Journey: On Foot Through the Scottish Highlands in Winter by Mike Cawthorne (224 pages)
- Seduction and Snacks by Tara Sivec (257 pages)
- When First They Met by Debbie Macomber (27 pages)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by J.K. Rowling (128 pages)
- An Unlikely Match by Barbara Dunlop (164 pages)
- The Inconvenient Duchess by Christine Merrill (292 pages)
- Vinter-Eventyr by Karen Blixen (259 pages)
- Clean Sweep by Ilona Andrews (235 pages)
- The Demigod Diaries by Rick Riordan (242 pages)
- Alien Stars by C.J. Cherryh, Joe Haldeman, Timothy Zahn (254 pages)