- Challenge will run from Jan 1st to December 31st 2014
- Write and publish a post stating your intention to participate. In the post please include the Challenge graphic and a link back to this post. Then link your intention post at the bottom of this post. Make sure it is the actual post and not just a generic link to your blog.
- Entries will be accepted up until the end of November 2014.
- Add your reviews here. At the end of every two months there will be a U.S. $10 prize with a book of your choice from the Book Depository or Amazon voucher, (International) for the entries. There will be a new list then for every two months until the end of November.
Link your reviews here
- Each review can only be linked up once in the year.
- Books may cross over from other challenges that you are doing.
- On the 22nd of November a post will go up to link a summary post for the challenge for those who have completed a full house. This will close on the 31st of December and a winner will be chosen using random.org for a U.S. $50 prize which again can be used at the Book Depository or go as an Amazon voucher.
Link Full House post here
- If someone completes a full house and would like to complete another, that is fine too, and would mean two entries at the end of the year.
- Complete the card below. You can do it in any order you wish. You are allowed "one free exchange", if there is something on the square you really dislike you may change it to something of your choice. Once you have played this free card that is it. Mention the exchange in the final summary post.
Full House Reading Challenge Card
List of books:
- An Unlikely Witch by Debora Geary (published 2013)
- A little Christmas Magic by Sylvie Kurtz (free on Amazon.co.uk 9th of January 2013)
- Deep Blue Secret by Christie Anderson (Paranormal)
- Whitstable by Stephen Volk (Author new to me)
- Himmelbegravelsen (Sky Burial) by Xinran (from the local library)
- John Macnab by John Buchan (different country to mine)
- Saltwater Witch by Chris Howard (published before 2013)
- The Rising by Kelley Armstrong (book from a series)
- The Good, the Bad, and the Undead by Kim Harrison (more than 400 pages)
- Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness (historical fiction)
- Night of the Purple Moon by Scott Cramer (less than 200 pages)
- Speechless by Hannah Harrington (contemporary)
- The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion (review made me read it - did not agree)
- Death du Jour by Kathy Reichs (suspense/crime)
- Night Broken by Patricia Briggs (published 2014)
- White Witch, Black Curse by Kim Harrison (best so far in 2014)
- A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson (reread)
- It Shouldn't Happen to a Vet by James Herriot (Non-Fiction)
- Tarka the Otter by Henry Williamson (Book with animal in it)
- Skin Game by Jim Butcher (From wishlist)
- Drifting Home by Pierre Berton (place I would like to visit)
- The Spell of the Yukon and Other Poems by Robert Service (Love the cover)
- The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (
Theme you think is important➜ Exchange)
- Every Woman For Herself by Trisha Ashley (free choice)
- The Snowman Maker by Barbara Briggs Ward (won at High Summer RaT)