This has been a really interesting challenge for me. One of the objects of the challenge was to read outside one's comfort zone and I chose to read one book a month. I can definitely say I have done that. My husband has helped me find books for this challenge.
I have completed the challenge. I have read 12 books, one book a month and it was books that I wouldn't ordinarily have picked.
It surprised me that I didn't think much of Ursula Le Guin's Sci-Fi as I really like her fantasy books.
Of the 12 books of this challenge I have given 1 book 5 Polar Bears, 6 books 4 Polar Bears and 5 books 3 Polar Bears.
3 Polar Bears means it was okay and I liked it but not always enough to seek out more books from that particular author.
I think I read quite a bit more Sci-Fi than the 12 books for this challenge but not all Sci-Fi is outside my comfort zone so I chose just one book a month that had to be that. It has been quite interesting that I have liked as many of these books as I have.
My 12 books for this challenge are:
- Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
- For Love of Mother-not by Alan Dean Foster
- A Fisherman of the Inland Sea by Ursula Le Guin
- Neuromancer by William Gibson
- The Forever War by Joe Haldeman
- The Stars my Destination by Alfred Bester
- The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi
- Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick
- The Shockwave Rider by John Brunner
- I am Legend by Richard Matheson
- Zoo City by Lauren Beukes
- Old Man's War by John Scalzi