Sunday, February 5, 2012

For Love of Mother-Not by Alan Dean Foster

He was just a freckle-faced, redheaded kid with green eyes and a strangely campelling stare when Mother Mastiff first saw him at the auctioneer's block. One hundred credits and he was hers. For years the old woman was his only family. She loved him, fed him, taught him everything she knew--even let him keep the deadly flying snake he called Pip. Then Mother Mastiff mysteriously disappeared and Flinx took Pip to tail her kidnappers. Across the forests and swamps of the winged world called Moth, their only weapons were Pip's venom ... and Flinx's unusual Talents. From Goodreads







I had never heard of Alan Dean Foster so when my husband suggested this book for the 2012 Sci-Fi Challenge I thought why not, this challenge is about trying out new authors and books.
I enjoyed this book and liked the idea about Flinx's talents and how everybody are afraid of them but  he accomplishes more from common sense and being streetwise than from his talents. I am looking forward to follow Pip and Flinx on more adventures.

I am just being told - as I keep forgetting it, that I actually have read a book by Alan Dean Foster before. I have read Midworld. I just don't always remember which book goes with which author. Keeping this blog might help me with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment