I didn't think I had managed this but looking through my books read over the year I found one that fit my missing category. This means it is actually quite a while since I finished.
I will not be taking part in this challenge next year as I have decided to cut down on my challenges.
The challenge runs from January to December. During this time you choose a book to read from each of the following categories (examples of books you could choose are in brackets):
- A word including ‘ing’ in it (The Time Of Singing, Dancing To The Flute, Lex Trent Fighting With Fire) My examples are verbs but you can of course use other words.
- A colour (The Red Queen, White Truffles In Winter, On Gold Mountain)
- A familial relation (Daughter Of Smoke And Bone, Dombey And Son, My Cousin Rachel) By all means include in-laws, step, and halves.
- A body of water (The River Of No Return, Black Lake, Beside The Sea)
- A city (Barcelona Shadows, Shanghai Girls, Under The Tripoli Sky)
- An animal (Black Swan Rising, The Leopard Unleashed, The Horse And His Boy)
Remember the titles I’ve given here are only examples, you can by all means use them if you want to but it’s not necessary. There are plenty of other books that will fit the categories and you may have some in mind already or even some on your shelves you can read.
- Books can be any format (print, audio, ebook).
- It’s preferred that the books don’t overlap with other challenges, but not a requirement at all.
- Books cannot overlap categories (for instance my example of Black Swan Rising for ‘an animal’ could be used for the ‘colour’ category or ‘animal’ category, but not both).
- Creativity for matching the categories is not only allowed, it’s encouraged!
- You don’t have to make your list of books beforehand, you can choose them as you go.
- You don’t have to read your chosen books in any particular order.
- Gateway to reviews
Driving Home for Christmas by Emma Hannigan
A colour (The Red Queen, White Truffles In Winter, On Gold Mountain)
Pretty in Black by Rae Hachton
A familial relation (Daughter Of Smoke And Bone, Dombey And Son, My Cousin Rachel) By all means include in-laws, step, and halves.
A Father's Special Care by Gill Sanderson
A body of water (The River Of No Return, Black Lake, Beside The Sea)
Treasure on Moon Lake by Amy Gamet
A city (Barcelona Shadows, Shanghai Girls, Under The Tripoli Sky)
A French Girl in New York by Anna Adams
An animal (Black Swan Rising, The Leopard Unleashed, The Horse And His Boy)
Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck
List of books: