Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling

It is Harry Potter's sixth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. As Voldemort's sinister forces amass and a spirit of gloom and fear sweeps the land, it becomes clear to Harry that he will soon have no choice but to confront his destiny. Can Harry succeed in the death-defying tasks ahead? From Goodreads.





I think this is the third time I have read Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and I enjoyed it nearly as much as the first time, the only difference being that I of course know what is going to happen. Slughorn is an important character but to me not very likeable, he seems to like only the exceptionally bright students or the ones that have connections. Now I will go watch the film again.

This book qualifies for:
Goodreads Reading Challenge 2015
2015 Witches & Witchcraft Challenge
A Million More Pages Hogwarts: June Challenges
A Million More Pages Hogwarts: Summertime Mountaineering
A Million More Pages Hogwarts: Diagon Alley Supply List
A Million More Pages Hogwarts: I Like Big Books Bonus Club
A Million More Pages Hogwarts: Meet a Million Members
A Million More Pages Hogwarts: Dragon Nursery
A Million More Pages Hogwarts: Backpacking Around The Globe
A Million More Pages Hogwarts: Hogwarts Scavenger Hunt
Novel Books & Reading Challenges - Baby Got Book

1 comment:

  1. I finished this book for May as well. I agree, the book is just as good on multiple readings.

    ReplyDelete