My goal for this challenge was to read level A Friendly Hug: 11-20 books and if I reached this level early in the year I would move up a level.
I have reached my goal of 20 books and have completed the challenge. I will not move up a level and continue as the host of the challenge actually hasn't posted anything about this challenge since March.
My list of books is at the bottom of this post.
All posts for this challenge are HERE.
Welcome to 2014 TBR Pile Reading Challenge!
We all have those books. We buy them, win them, they're gifted to us.. Then we put them up on a bookshelf and there they stay, collecting dust, waiting for the time when we'll finally decide to pick them up..
Join us on a quest to dust off your TBR Pile and read all the books you've been telling yourself you'll read next time you'll get a chance.. This is your chance! And we've got PRIZES!!! :D
- This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2014 - Dec 31, 2014.
- Anyone can enter! You don't have to be a blogger, as long as you review the book you've read! (On your blog, Amazon, Random Buzzers or Goodreads/Shelfari!)
- Any genre, length or format of book counts, as long as it is a book that's been sitting on your shelf for some time now. Short stories and novellas are OK, too! Only books released in 2013 and earlier! NO 2014 ARCs and 2014 fresh-off-the-press releases allowed!
- You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap-up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.
- When you sign up in the linky, put the direct link to your post about joining the 2013 TBRPILE Reading Challenge. (If you don't have a blog, post about it on Facebook or Tweet!)
- You can move up levels, but no moving down.
- Sign-ups will be open until Dec 15, 2014, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.
- On the 20th of each month we will post a wrap-up post, here, on BOOKISH. Every wrap-up will have it's unique theme, a mini-challenge, a giveaway and place for you to link up your reviews from this month. For each review you link up, you will get one entry in a drawing of one book of choice from Book Depository. It's open to INTERNATIONALS. The giveaway will be open until the next wrap up post goes up! (i.e. the entire month)
- If you miss a wrap-up post + giveaway, you can link up your reviews next month. Do not, however, try to link up one review twice - we will be checking ;)
- December is a wrap-up for the whole year. All the book reviews you linked up January-November + the ones you'll link up in December will be entered into a GRAND PRIZE giveaway.
- You don't have to follow Bookish Blog to join the challenge, but you do have to follow us to be entered in giveaways!
(how many books you're planning to read for this challenge in 2014)
1-10 - A Firm Handshake
11-20 - A Friendly Hug
21-30 - First Kiss
31-40 - Sweet Summer Fling
41-50 - Could this be love?
50+ - Married With Children
- 2014's edition of the TBR Pile Reading Challenge will be hosted EXCLUSIVELY on Bookish. Co-hosting with other awesome bloggers was fun, but due to too many hiccups along the way, our Bookish Team has decided to take over to ensure that everything goes smoothly this time.
- For your convenience and to ensure you won't miss any important posts / wrap-ups / updates / contests, we have created a mailing list! We invite you to sign up to receive all the important news in the mail (no more searching the web for wrap-up posts and missing out on all the fun!). You can sign up here: !! JOIN 2014 TBR PILE READING CHALLENGE MAILING LIST!! !!
- To help you tackle your TBR Piles, we will also be hosting monthly Read-A-Longs with prizes! And this time, you'll get to VOTE on the book we'll read together! Join the mailing list mentioned above to never miss out on the fun! Please note: You don't have to take part in our read-a-longs to participate in the TBR Pile challenge - or you can just take part in some of them, and skip the rest - participation is optional, tho we would certainly love to discuss the books with you!
- We have sponsors! Which of course means more fun prizes!! YAY!
- A little Christmas Magic by Sylvie Kurtz (bought on Amazon.co.uk 9th of January 2013)
- Deep Blue Secret by Christie Anderson (bought on Amazon.co.uk 28th of August 2013)
- Saltwater Witch by Chris Howard (bought on Amazon.co.uk 2nd of May 2012)
- The Rising by Kelley Armstrong (bought on Amazon.co.uk 20th of April 2013)
- Moon Over Soho by Ben Aaronovitch (bought on Amazon.co.uk 24th of August 2013)
- What Stays in Vegas by Beth Labonte (bought on Amazon.co.uk 15th of July 2013)
- Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness (bought on Amazon.co.uk 26th of May 2012)
- Night of the Purple Moon by Scott Cramer (bought on Amazon.com 10th of September 2013)
- Speechless by Hannah Harrington (bought on Amazon.co.uk 28th of July 2013)
- Forever Fae by L.P. Dover (bought on Amazon.co.uk 4th of June 2013)
- Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs (bought on Amazon.co.uk 28th of July 2013)
- The Dreaming Place by Charles De Lint (bought on Amazon.co.uk 19th of October 2013)
- Death on the Aegean Queen By Maria Hudgins (bought on Amazon.co.uk 6th of October 2012)
- Boneland by Alan Garner (bought on Audible 28th of November 2012)
- Pieces of Eight by Melissa Wright (bought on Amazon.co.uk 30th of July 2013)
- The Breeders by Katie French (bought on Amazon.co.uk 31st of May 2013)
- Along Came A Demon by Linda Welch (bought on Amazon.co.uk 21st of August 2013)
- Prince of Hazel and Oak by John Lenahan (bought on Amazon.co.uk 14th of July 2011)
- It Shouldn't Happen to a Vet by James Herriot (bought on Amazon.co.uk 4th of November 2012)
- Tarka the Otter by Henry Williamson (bought on Audible 13th of August 2013)