Sunday, March 25, 2012

Storm Front by Jim Butcher

The novels of the Dresden Files have become synonymous with action-packed urban fantasy and non-stop fun. Storm Front is Jim Butcher's first novel and introduces his most famous and popular character-Harry Dresden, wizard for hire.
For his first case, Harry is called in to consult on a grisly double murder committed with the blackest of magic. At first, the less-than-solvent Harry's eyes light up with dollar signs. But where there's black magic, there's a black mage. Now, that black mage knows Harry's name. And things are about to get very...interesting.
From Goodreads








I have been wanting to try the Dresden Files books for a while. A couple of years ago I watched the Dresden Files TV-series and really liked it and was sad when it was discontinued after the first season. But knowing it was based on books, the books have been on my wish-list / to read list for a while but I just never got round to it. I finished Fair Game earlier today and was wondering what to read next when my husband decided it was time and bought me the first book in the series and yes I have been reading non stop ever since!

First I read the (very) short story Restoration of Faith from Jim Butchers webpage that is before Storm Front in time line. I enjoyed it and went straight to the book which my husband had downloaded onto my Kindle for me.

As my 5 Polar Bears suggest I really enjoyed the book. I found it fun, fast paced and interesting. I like Bob the Skull and how he/it can turn things to his advantage (it is a spirit but definitely a HE). Harry is a wizard, one of the good guys but with some black spots in his past that he still has to fight the consequences of. He is a poor private eye with too few jobs to make a decent living but he uses both spells and potions to help himself when he is in trouble.
I am ready for the next book in the series, which has been bought and downloaded while I have been writing this.

This book qualifies for: 
100 books in a year Reading Challenge 2012, 
Goodreads 2012 Reading Challenge, 
2012 Ebook Challenge, 
2012 Witches & Witchcraft Reading Challenge
Magical March 2012,
Where are you Reading Challenge 2012 

No comments:

Post a Comment