Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Trader by Charles de Lint

When a mischievous spirit grants loser Johnny Devlin's wish for someone else's life, luthier Max Trader wakes up in Johnny's body, surrounded by the emotionally vacant shambles Johnny has left behind, bankrupt and farther down in the world than he has ever imagined being. Jarred from his complacent, self-contained path, Max has only his inner resources for both emotional and financial support. He wants his life back, but, as he struggles for it, he realizes that he will no longer be satisfied with things as they were. Fans of de Lint's previous work will enjoy this gently didactic story set in the fictional town of Newford's thirtysomethingish community of arty waifs and folk musicians. From Goodreads


An author that is becoming one of my favourites. I think this is the 5th book I have read from Charles de Lint and it did not disappoint me. I find it intriguing to follow several characters in different chapters that all come together in the end and have quite important roles to play. I will be looking for more of his Newfords series to read.


I read this book as part of the Winter's Respite Read-a-Thon.hosted by Michelle at The True Book Addict.
It also qualifies for:  
100 books in a year Reading Challenge 2012, 
Goodreads 2012 Reading Challenge, 
2012 Ebook Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment