Friday, January 6, 2012

Dragonquest by Anne McCaffrey

Another Turn, and the deadly silver Threads began falling again. So the bold dragonriders took to the air once more and their magnificent flying dragons swirled and swooped, belching flames that destroyed the shimmering strands before they reached the ground. But F'lar knew he had to find a better way to protect his beloved Pern, and he had to find it before the rebellious Oldtimers could breed any more dissent ... before his brother F'nor would be foolhardy enough to launch another suicide mission ... and before those dratted fire-lizards could stir up any more trouble! From Goodreads



Another book read and only about 24 hours after the last. Well what can I say, I tend to keep reading when I get started and forget everything around me. This book is the second in the first trilogy of the Pern books.  It is a continuation of the first, set 7 years later and a lot of animosity has arisen between the different Weyrs, the Holds and among themselves. What I actually like about this one is that it is still a extremely patriarchal society but the Weyrwomen have so much power or rather what they do effects everything around them. This book shows how much can be destroyed from just one woman's actions. My problem is that it is "only" about 4 years since I read the series for the first time. I keep anticipating things at the same time as I have forgotten a lot of the details in the books.

This book qualifies for:  
100 books in a year Reading Challenge 2012, 
Goodreads 2012 Reading Challenge, 
2012 Ebook Challenge
All the Books of Pern Challenge 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment