Here are the challenge details:
1. This challenge will run from January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013.
2. You can join the challenge at any time. All books read in 2013 count for the challenge, regardless of when you sign up.
3. This challenge can cross-over to your other reading challenges.
4. You do not need a blog to participate! If you are not a blogger, you can post your reviews at Goodreads, Shelfari, or LibraryThing and link them up here.
5. All formats of books are acceptable: Bound copies, e-books, and audiobooks as long as they meet the guidelines of Point #6 below!
6. Important Information About E-books and Audiobooks: If you are using an e-book or audiobook for the challenge, the bound format equivalent must be a minimum of 450 pages. Only unabridged audiobooks will count!
7. Both adult and children's literature are allowed: As long as it meets the minimum page count of 450 pages.
8. About large-print books: Same rules apply as noted in Point #6. As long as the regular-bound format equivalent is a minimum of 450 pages, this format will count.
9. No anthologies, short story collections, or poetry: Just novels.
10. There are four levels for the challenge:
a. Walrus: Read 3 mammoth-sized books.
b. Hippopotamus: Read 6 mammoth-sized books.
c. White Rhinoceros: Read 9 mammoth-sized books.
d. African Elephant: Read 12 or more mammoth-sized books.
11. When you write your sign-up post, you must choose your level. You can go up, but you cannot go down!
12. There will be a link-up for your reviews, which will be posted on THIS page.
13. There will be a link for your wrap-up post at the end of the year.
14. Create a sign-up post and link back to this post. Sign up with Mister Linky below! Be sure to use the direct url to your sign-up post and not the url to your blog.
15. Grab the challenge button and post it in your sidebar.
I have joined another challenge where I have to read books of 650 pages or more but I think this is better for me as a lot of my book are going to be more than 450 pages.
Update 31st of March: This challenge is not going as well as I hoped. I have only read two books with more than 450 pages. 6 of my other books have been over 400 pages but unfortunately not 450.
My goal for this challenge is: d. African Elephant: Read 12 or more mammoth-sized books.
My Posts are HERE
List of books:
- Wild Swans: Three Daughters of China by Jung Chang (660 pages)
- The Well of Ascension by Brandon Sanderson (765 pages)
- The Hunt by Joseph Williams (459 pages)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling (607 pages)
- Ship of Magic by Robin Hobb (834 pages)
- Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton (466 pages)
- Watership Down by Richard Adams (470 pages)
- The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice (493 pages)
- The Queen of the Damned by Anne Rice (464 pages)
- The Witching Hour by Anne Rice (1058 pages)
- The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan (557 pages)
- Good Husband Material by Trisha Ashley (513 pages)
- Eye of the Needle by Ken Follett (484 pages)
- The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan (513 pages)
- The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan