Sunday, July 8, 2012

Challenges 2012 Update

Halfway through 2012 and it is time for a Challenge Update.

I have up 'til now joined 18 challenges and I am sure I will join a few more short ones later in the year. Of the 18 challenges, 17 are actual reading challenges and one is the Reading Challenge Addict challenge. I have completed 5 of the 18 challenges.
  1. 2012 Where are you Reading Challenge: This is the Reading challenge I worry most about. I have only read books from 13 of the 50 States. I am not sure I will be able to complete this challenge but I will try.
  2. 2012 Sci-Fi Challenge: Read one sci-fi book a month and read outside your comfort zone. I am on target with this. I have read one book outside my comfort zone from this genre every month. It has been quite interesting and I have liked most of them.
  3. 2012 Ebook Challenge: I chose the level of Server - read 100 ebooks. As most of the books I read are ebooks I am doing well and have read 62 books. It should not be a problem to complete this challenge.
  4. 2012 Book Blogger Recommendation Challenge: Here I chose level III - read 15 books of the list. I have read 9 books so have only 6 to go. Should be able to do that.
  5. 2012 Witches & Witchcraft Reading Challenge: I chose the level of Mother to read 11-15 Witchy Books. I reached this level quite fast so I decided to go up to the highest level of
    Crone to Read 16-20 Witchy Books. I have read 17 books now but I will not see this challenge as completed until I have read 20 books.
  6. Six Degrees of Separation Challenge: Read a book that has praise in it from other authors, then read a book from one of these authors. Now you can keep this going until you come back around to the first book's author, or until you finish one of the levels. I chose the level - Keys to the Kingdom! You've actually came back around to a book by the original author you began with! Way to go! I am on my third author. I hope to be able to finish this challenge.
  7. 100 Books In A Year Reading Challenge 2012: I have no problems with this challenge. As I have already read 69 books I expect to complete this in good time.
  8. Why Buy the Cow? Reading Challenge 2012: I find this a good challenge. I have loads of ebooks that I have "bought" for free both from Amazon and Smashwords. I chose the level of Coupon Clipper - read 12 books. I have read 9 books and only need to read another 3 to complete this challenge.
  9. Goodreads 2012 Reading Challenge: I set my personal goal to read 110 books this year. I have never before counted the books I read so had no clue to the amount. I am doing okay toward my goal as I have read 69 books. I am confident I will reach my goal.
  10. Scavenger Hunt 2012 Reading Challenge: I liked the idea of this challenge. There was a list with the requirement for a book every month which had to be read during the applicable month only. This challenge was posted on Goodreads in December 2011 but unfortunately it has never been opened. I still liked the idea though so I decided to do it anyway. I have meet the requirements for all the books till now.
  11. A-Z Book Challenge 2012: I only just joined this challenge in May but I am really looking forward to getting on with it. I have decided to add 3 letters from my language that does not exist in English and only add books from when I actually joined the challenge. I have covered 7 letters now.
  12. Finishing the Series Reading Challenge: Another challenge I joined in May. I have chosen level 3 - complete 3 or more series. My goal is to finish at least 5 series. As I have only just joined I have not finished any series since joining but I hope it won't be long before I get started on it.
  13. Reading Challenge Addict 2012: Here I chose the level of On the Roof: 6-10 Challenges (Entered & Completed) but as I already joined all in all 17 challenges and completed 5 of these I guess I will jump to the higher level of Out of This World: 16+ Challenges (Entered & Completed).
  14. A Winter's Respite Read-a-Thon 2012: A week-long challenge in January. My goal for the week was to read at least 6 books, I read 7 books so I have completed this challenge.
  15. All the Books of Pern Challenge 2012: I chose level blue - The original trilogy plus the Harper Hall trilogy (or any 6). I read the whole series a few years ago so it was reread for me and I enjoyed to be back in the Pern world. It did not take me more than a month to complete this challenge.
  16. The Magical March Reading Challenge: A month-long challenge. I chose level Wizard’s Class:6-7 Books Read. But I really enjoyed this challenge and completely surpassed that. I finished 12 books so ended on the level Grand Merlin Class: 8+ books read. This was a brilliant challenge and easy to complete.
  17. Dewey's Read-a-Thon: The Dewey's Read-a-Thon October 2011 was the start of this blog and my interest in all the different reading challenges that I had no idea existed. This Read-a-Thon April 2012 my goal was to stay awake the whole 24 hours and read 3-4 books. It all went very well and I achieved my goal.
  18. Spring Into Horror Read-a-Thon: Another week-long challenge. My goal was to read 6 books and  at least 4 of these should be horror. I managed to read the 6 books and 5 of them were horror so the challenge was completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment