Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Harper Hall Trilogy by Anne McCaffrey

Anne McCaffrey's Harper Hall Trilogy kicks off with this riveting and poetic first installment, in which Menolly -- a gifted musician who dreams of becoming a Harper -- meets a band of fire lizards and becomes their teacher. The beginning to an entrancing fantasy series that McCaffrey fans (as well as Tamora Pierce and Marion Zimmer Bradley lovers) won't want to miss. From Goodreads
In this second breathtaking fantasy in Anne McCaffrey's Harper Hall Trilogy, Menolly develops her studies to become a Harper as well as her relationship with the nine fire-lizards. From Goodreads
When his boy soprano voice begins to change, Piemur is drafted by Masterharper Robinton to help with political work and is sent on missions that lead him into unusual and sometimes dangerous adventures. From Goodreads





I reread these 3 books within 2 days, yesterday and today, well into the night, so I have decided to review them together. Having meet Menolly in the first trilogy from Pern, this is her trilogy telling about how she became a harper. I, like last time I read them, enjoyed these books very much and there was a lot I had totally forgotten so it was new to me again. There is not a lot of dragons in these books but lots about the fire lizards and I really like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment